When a user makes a post or comments containing a keyword from the keyword set
- Alerts are sent to moderators and channel owners.
- They are not sent to Community Managers by default
If a Community Manager wants to receive alerts for that channel, they need to join that channel and promote themselves to a moderator or owner. Then they will receive notifications for that channel. They need to join and promote in every channel they want to receive notifications for all channels.
Here is an example of the email alert notification-
Figure. Email alert for using the keyword 'Anxious'
- The email alert is generated from “firstname.lastname@example.org" email and the message subject gives the keyword that triggered the alert, and the channel name.
- It gives the name of the user who made the post or comment and the time. There is a link to open the post (a permalink).
- There is an unsubscribe link. Clicking it allows you to set your email notification settings. You can blanket turn off your email notifications for keyword alerts here. Or, you can follow this same link to re-subscribe.
Troubleshooting Email Alerts
If you haven't been receiving email alerts for keywords, make sure to check the following:
- Account Settings. Check to make sure your email notification settings are ON
Figure 1. Account Settings
- Community Alerts settings: Make sure the keyword alert is turned ON
Figure 2. Campus Settings
- Ensure the alert receiver is an Owner or Moderator of the Channel
Figure 3. Member Settings of a channel
Once you receive the email alerts for the keywords: