In the campus Community, conversations happen in channels. To start and join conversations, learn how to make posts and comments.
This article focusses on:
- Create posts and comments
- Edit your posts
- Download Posts and Comments
- Settings Required to Download Posts
- Banned words from Community
Create posts and comments
How you can post messages in the community depends on your user's permissions. For information, see "Roles and Permissions" below.
There are two ways to post messages in the community:
- Make posts and comments as yourself
- Make posts and comments on behalf of a host* you have access to
(*) A Host is an organization, service, or athletic club.
Using Campus Cloud
- Log in to Campus Cloud and click Community.
- Click the menu at the top of the sidebar.
- In the menu that appears, choose your name to post as yourself or click on "Select Host" and choose from the list of hosts you have access to.
- Add text to your post using the text box (up to 750 characters maximum).
- [Optional] Click "Add Images" to add up to four images* from your computer.
- When you're done, click on "Post".
Figure 1. The menu at the top of the sidebar allows you to switch between posting as yourself and posting as a host (you must have manage permissions for that host, i.e. service)
Your post appears in the channel, attributed either to you or to the host you have selected.
Using the Campus App
- Log in to the campus app
- Tap Community ()
- [Optional] Choose a channel from the community sidebar
- Type your message
Edit your messages
You can edit messages that you post in the campus community, to correct small mistakes or clarify your words.
- In the community, find the post you want to edit
- Click "More" ()
- Click Edit Post
The steps are the same for both Campus Cloud and the mobile app.
Figure 2. Editing your post
Download Posts and Comments
- Log in to Campus Cloud, then click Community
- [Optional] Search for keywords, or apply a filter, to download messages only that match your criteria
- In the drop-down menu (), click Download Posts
Figure 1 - Community - Select a Channel - Download Posts
Settings Required to Download Posts
To be able to download posts from a channel:
- The "Download Posts" permission needs to be set under Campus Settings > Community Settings (see Figure 2 below).
- You need to have the Community Manager permission in your Team Settings, or be an Owner or Moderator for a channel (depending on the settings in #1 above). For more information, review this article: Fine-Tune Community Permissions with Community Settings.
Figure 2 - Campus Settings - Community Settings
Banned Words from Community
Profanity Filter, also known as language filter is automatically applied to the communication used on the Campus App for all the users. We at Ready Education care for student experience and have a system in place that automatically cleans up bad language on the app. Any swearing or offensive language will be starred out and the find the list of words that are considered inappropriate can be found here.