The "Community" function in Campus Cloud gives you a number of opportunities to connect and socialize with students, student leaders, staff, etc. You can join various public and private channels.
Things to know about Community:
- How to Find a channel
- How to Join a channel
- Private non-discoverable channels
- What you can do after joining a channel
Figure 1 - Find a Channel / Join a Channel
To Find a Channel
- Log in to Campus Cloud and click on "Community".
- Click "Find a Channel" on the left sidebar.
- [Optional] Use Search to find a channel using its name or description. You can also use filters to view public channels and private channels.
To Join a Channel
From Campus Cloud
To join a channel from within Campus Cloud:
- Log in to Campus Cloud, then click Community in the top navigation menu.
- Click Find A Channel (if it not already visible in the public channels list).
- Find the channel you want to join, by searching or browsing.
- Click Join (for public channels) or Request to Join (for private discoverable channels)*
(*) Campus Cloud displays the community channels in an alphabetical order list. You can join a public channel with just clicking on "Join". For private discoverable channels, you can 'request to join', which will send a request to the Owner or Moderator for that channel. Once your request is approved, you will be added to the channel.
From the Campus App
To join a channel through your campus app:
- Log in to the app
- Tap to view the Community, then tap to show the navigation sidebar
- Tap Find A Channel
- Find the channel you want to join, by searching or browsing
- Tap the channel name to view details
- Tap Join (for public channels) or Request to Join (for private channels)*
You are now added to the selected channel as a member, and the Channel will be visible in your Campus App under .
(*) For private discoverable channels, you can 'request to join', which will send a request to the Owner or Moderator for that channel. Once your request is approved, you will be added to the channel.
Things to Remember
- Private, non-discoverable channels do not appear in Find a Channel, and you cannot join them yourself. To join, you'll need to be invited by one of the private channel's members.
- You can leave a public or private channel at any time, and rejoin public channels if you need to. If you leave a private channel, you'll need to be added back by an Owner or Moderator.
Once you’ve joined a channel
- It appears in the sidebar, on Campus Cloud and the Campus App.
- You receive a visual notification when there are new posts and comments in the channel.
- App users can receive push notifications for new posts and comments based on their personal Notification Settings.
- The actions you can take depend on your role within the channel.