As a school administrator, you may want to limit who has access to sensitive student data collected via our Contact Trace module, such as health information and location information. You can use Audiences to restrict who can access data about which students. You can put students into an audience (a list of students), then restrict access so only Campus Cloud users you specify can view that sensitive information.
Here are the steps:
1) Create custom audiences of students whose data you want to control
2) Use the "Limit access to specific audiences" permission to restrict access to data
Create Custom Audiences of students whose data you want to control
You may not want every admin in your school to have access to Contact Trace data for every student. If you want to restrict data for certain students, put those students into an audience. You can then restrict access to that audience so that only certain admins have access to the students in it.
- Follow the steps in this article: Create a Custom Audience (List of Students).
- Add every student whose data you want to restrict to this audience.
Use "Limit access to specific audiences" to restrict access to data
All admin with access to the Contact Trace module get access to All Audiences by default. They can see data for all students.
To restrict access to Contact Trace data:
- In Team Settings, view the profile of the admin you want to restrict
- In the "Contact Trace" section, in the "Limit access to specific audiences" menu, select the Audiences you want this admin to be able to view
- Save your change
The next time the admin views the list of Contact Trace cases, they will see only data for students in the audience you've granted permission for.