Adding a host to a channel requires you to be a channel owner. For information, see "Roles and Permissions" below.
Depending on your role within a channel, you can add a host (an organization or service) to a channel. Once a host has joined a channel, users with permission to manage that host can post in a channel as if they were that host.
To add a host to a channel:
- Click "Add Member" () to the right of the channel main view
- Type the name of the host you wish to add
- Select the host name from the list and click Invite
Campus Cloud adds the host to the channel, granting the same level of permissions as a member within the channel. For more information, see: Member, Moderator, Channel Owner, Community Manager: Overview of Permissions
Roles and Permissions
- To add a host to a channel, you must be a channel owner. You must also have permission to manage that host. For more information, see Change Team Member Permissions
- To post within a channel on behalf of a host, you must have permission to manage that host
- All users with permission to manage a host can post in a channel on behalf of that host