Campus Cloud uses a permissions system to control who can do what within community channels.
Figure 1: Fine-tune the permissions of roles using Community Settings
You can fine-tune the community permissions to assign specific permissions to specific roles. For example, you can manage who has access to information (by setting the View Member List and Download Reports permissions). Or it can help you foster the kind of community you want: either very open (where it is easy to create channels, invite people, etc) or a more closed system where control is more centralized.
For more information about roles in the community, see:
- Community Manager, Channel Owner, Channel Moderator, Member: Overview of Permissions
- Share Responsibility for Managing the Community
Access to Community Settings is controlled by roles and permissions. For information, see "Roles and Permissions" below.
Fine-tuning community permissions is done with Community Settings. Here are the steps:
- Log in to Campus Cloud, then click your name in the top right corner
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click Campus Settings
- Click Community Settings to view a list of actions that are possible within a channel
- Use the menus to assign those actions to owners, members, and moderators
- Click Save
Campus Cloud adjusts what actions are allowed in each of the various roles, based on the options you select in Community Settings.
Roles and Permissions
For you to change Community Settings, you need the Community Manager permission. For more information: