You may wish to remove a person from the role of moderator or channel owner. For example, they may have graduated and no longer be available to be a channel moderator. Or, you may wish to remove someone for other reasons.
Figure 1. You can demote a moderator to remove them from that role.
Promoting and demoting users requires access to the Member List, which is controlled by roles and permissions. For information, see "Roles and Permissions" below.
You can demote owners and moderators using the Member List. Here are the steps:
- Navigate to the channel for which you want to promote members
- Click "More" () then click “View Members”
- In the Member List, click "More" () next to the member name, then click Demote to Moderator or Demote to Member
Campus Cloud adjusts the user's privileges, in accordance with their new role and your selections in Community Settings.
Roles and Permissions
For you to demote a moderator or channel owner, roles and permissions must be configured as follows:
- You need the Community Manager permission; or
- Your user needs to be in a role with the Member List permission (in Community Settings)
For more information: