You can promote channel members to moderators or channel owners. By granting these privileges to other channel members, you can share responsibility for moderating the channel and you can have other people perform tasks such as responding to flagged content, adding and removing members, or deleting messages.
Figure 1: The channel Member List lets you promote channel members to moderators or owners.
Promoting and demoting users requires access to the Member List, which is controlled by roles and permissions. For information, see "Roles and Permissions" below.
You can promote channel members using the Member List. Here are the steps:
- Navigate to the channel for which you want to promote members
- Click "More" () then click “View Members”
- In the Member List, click "More" () next to the member name, the click Promote to Moderator or Promote to Owner
Campus Cloud adjusts the user's privileges, in accordance with their new role and your selections in Community Settings.
You can only promote someone who is already a member of the channel. If the person is not a member of your channel, you can invite them, then promote them when they join. For more information, see: Invite Members to a Channel.
Roles and Permissions
For you to promote someone to the moderator or channel owner, roles and permissions must be configured as follows:
- You need the Community Manager permission; or
- Your user needs to be in a role with the Member List permission (in Community Settings)
For more information: