Within a channel, the Post Settings determine who can say what in the channel. Post settings control who can post messages in the channel, and who can respond.
There are four settings: Open, Read only, Q&A, and Announcements.
- Open. In an open channel, anyone can post messages and anyone can post responses, with no restrictions on who can post what.
- Read Only. When you set a channel to read only, only community managers* can post messages or comments. People can use the campus app to view messages, but they cannot post their own messages or respond.
- Q&A. Channels set to Q&A are for students to ask questions, and community managers to to provide answers. When a channel is set to Q&A, anyone can post a message to ask a question, but only community managers can post a response.
- Announcements. When a channel is set to Announcements, community managers can post messages, and anyone can post a comment in reply.
(*) Community managers are Campus Cloud users who have the "Community Manager" permission in Team Settings.
Change post settings
Changing post settings is controlled by roles and permissions. For information, see "Roles and Permissions" below.
To change the post settings for a channel:
- Find your channel in the sidebar, and click its name
- Click the gear icon that appears next to its name
- Make a change to the post settings, and save
Roles and Permissions
For you to change a channel's post settings, roles and permissions need to be configured as follows:
- You need the Community Manager permission, or
- You need to be a channel owner