In the campus community, conversations happen in channels. To start and join conversations, learn how to make posts and comments.
Figure 1. The menu at the top of the sidebar allows you to switch between posting as yourself, and posting as a host you have permission to manage
Make posts and comments
How you can post messages in the community depends on your user's permissions. For information, see "Roles and Permissions" below.
There are two ways to post messages in the community:
- Make posts and comments as yourself
- Make posts and comments on behalf of a host* you have access to
(*) A Host is an organization, service, or athletic club.
Using Campus Cloud
- Log in to Campus Cloud and click Community
- Click the menu at the top of the sidebar
- In the menu that appears, choose your name to post as yourself
- Or, click Select Host and choose from the list of hosts you have access to
- Add text to your post using the text box. Up to 750 characters maximum
- [Optional] Click "Add Images" to add up to four images* from your computer
- When you're done, click Post
Your post appears in the channel, attributed either to you or to the host you have selected.
Using the campus mobile app
- Log in to the campus app
- Tap Community ()
- [Optional] Choose a channel from the community sidebar
- Type your message
Edit your messages
You can edit messages that you post in the campus community, to correct small mistakes or clarify your words.
- In the community, find the post you want to edit
- Click "More" ()
- Click Edit Post
The steps are the same for both Campus Cloud and the mobile app.
Roles and permissions
- When posting a message, you can post as yourself to any channel you have joined.
- If you are a channel owner, you can also post in the community on behalf of groups that have been added to the channel. For more information, see: Add a host to a channel
- To post on behalf of a group, you must have permission to manage the group. This is set up in Team Settings.