In the campus community, teamwork and communication happen in channels. A channel is a single place where people can share messages and images. You can create channels that are public or private. Read on to learn about how to create, join and use channels in Campus Cloud Community.
Figure 1. Create community channels that are private (as shown here) or public.
All about channels
- Channels can be public or private
- Students and admins can join and leave channels as needed
- Threads allow for organized side conversations within channels
Create a channel
Creating channels (public or private) is controlled by roles and permissions. For information, see "Roles and Permissions" below.
You can create a channel about any topic, and your institution can have as many as needed.
To create a public or private channel, here are the steps:
- Log in to Campus Cloud and click Community
- Click “+” next to Public Channels or Private Channels
- Type a name and description for your channel
- [OPTIONAL] Provide an image for your channel, or use an emoji
- [For Private Channel only] Set Discoverable on or off
- Choose Post Settings for the new channel
- Click Save
Campus Cloud creates a new channel, designates you as the owner, and shows you the empty channel.
If your channel is a public channel, it is immediately available in Find a Channel. Users can find your channel using Campus Cloud or the campus mobile app. They can join your channel, and make posts and comments in accordance with the channel's post settings.
If your channel is a private channel, you can make it available for others to find with the Discoverable setting:
- If discoverable is on, others will be able to find your channel using Find a Channel, and they can request to join.
- If discoverable is off, your channel will not appear in Find a Channel. You will have to invite others to join it.
For more information, see:
- Post Settings: Four kinds of conversations
- Post Community Messages
- Promote Channel Members to Moderators or Channel Owners
Roles and permissions for creating a channel
For you to create a channel, roles and permissions need to be configured as follows:
- You need the Community Manager permission; or
- The "Channel Creation" permissions need to be set to "Everyone" in Community Settings.
You are the owner of any channel you create. As the owner, the actions you can perform on the channel are controlled by Community Settings.
Once your channel has members, you can promote them to moderator or channel owner so they can help manage the channel. What they can do will also be controlled by Community Settings.
For more information, see: