As a campus cloud administrator, you can turn on the verified badge for all campus cloud users. To enable the verified badge please contact Technical Support Team. Verified users can include school administrators, professors, club owners, community moderators, or anyone you want to give special standing in the campus app.
Verified users appear with a blue badge over their profile picture in the campus app, as shown below. The badge is a signal to give more credence to that person's words and actions in the app.
Figure 1: The Verified User badge (top right) shown over a user's Community post.
Designate a verified app user
Before you start, know that verified users need two (2) accounts:
- an app account
- a Campus Cloud account
To designate someone as a verified user, first ensure they have an app account. Here are the steps:
- Log in to Campus Cloud and click "Assess," then click "App Users"
- Search for the person in the list of users
If you cannot find an app account for the person you want to be a verified user, have them download the campus app and create an app account. Then:
- Invite the person to join Campus Cloud. For more information, see: Invite a New Campus Cloud Administrator
- Be sure to send the invitation to the same email address as their app account
Once the user accepts the Campus Cloud invitation, their campus app displays the verified user badge over their profile picture.
- To revoke a person's status as a verified user, delete their Campus Cloud account.