Control access to sensitive student information with Privacy. You can hide students' personally identifying information (such as names, email addresses, and ID numbers) across the Contact Trace Plus platform.
Personally Identifying Information: What is it?
Personally Identifying Information includes a student's name, email address and student ID number.
When Privacy is on, personally identifying information is hidden from the following areas of Contact Trace Plus:
- Locations (QR Codes)
Student information is also hidden from CSV exports. When you download information from Campus Cloud, personally identifying information will be removed from the downloaded file if Privacy is on.
Privacy: How does it work?
The Privacy feature of Contact Trace Plus replaces a student's name and email with a Health Identifier number.
- The Health Identifier is unique to the student. Every student gets a different Health Identifier and no two are the same.
- A student's Health Identifier is the consistent for all Campus Cloud administrators. Any administrator who logs in to Campus Cloud will see the same Health Identifier for a student.
- The Health Identifier is visible to all Campus Cloud administrators, whether privacy is on or off. Preserve student confidentiality by using the Health Identifier, in place of a student's name or email address, to refer to students in all correspondence
The Health Identifier anonymizes students, letting you take advantage of the full extent of Contact Trace Plus features without compromising student confidentiality. You can collect student answers to forms, gather location data, and manage cases of COVID-19, knowing that no administrator will be able to associate sensitive data with a student unless you authorize them to do so. For more information, see "Turn Privacy Off for an administrator" below.
Turn Privacy Off for an Administrator
Turn Privacy off for an administrator to let them see personally identifying information:
- Click your name (top right of the screen), then click "Team Settings"
- On the Team Settings page, click the name of the administrator you want to update
- In Edit Profile, below the Contact Trace heading, use the "Privacy" dropdown menu to set turn Privacy off
The next time that administrator logs in, they will be able to see students' names and emails along with the health identifier.
Turning Privacy on or off requires the Team Settings permission in Campus Cloud. Contact your Customer Service Representative, or email email@example.com for more information.
What about Search?
Privacy limits a user's ability to use Search within Contact Trace Plus. Administrators can only search by Health Identifier, not by name or email.
If there is a match by Health Identifier, a student's personally identifiable information will be hidden from view, like elsewhere in the platform.
Users who have Privacy turned off can search by name, email address or health identifier.