If a student’s case status is symptomatic, self-reported, or exposed, you can send follow-up instructions. The instructions appear in the app Notification Centre, and Campus Cloud also sends a push notification.
- Log into Campus Cloud, click Contact Trace, then Exposure Notification. Then click Create Notification
- Select Notification Type (Regular, Urgent, or Emergency)
- Select To. You can send a notification to all students with a specific status, or to a custom list of users*
- Select template
- Add subject and message
- Click Send or Sent Later**
You can delete a notification:
- Click Contact Trace, then Exposure Notification.
- Find your notification in the list, then click “X” to delete it.
Your notification disappears from the Notification Center in the campus mobile app. Note that you cannot undo sending a push notification. If you delete a notification that generated a push, it disappears from the app, but the push notification will continue to appear on students’ phones until they dismiss it.
*If you select custom list you can add users or import a CSV. If you select case status, you will get a dropdown with five options (clear, symptomatic, self-reported, confirmed, recovered).
** Sent Later allows you to schedule an announcement for a later date.