As a Campus Cloud administrator, you can create a new app integration that uses the push notification endpoint. With third party software (such as POSTMAN), you can use this endpoint to create push notification announcements for app users. With other software, you can schedule announcements ahead of time, and manage the schedule.
With the push notification endpoint, you can send announcements campus-wide (i.e., to all logged in users and visitors) or to an email list of logged in users only.
To send a Push Notification:
- Log in to Campus Cloud
- Click your name in the top-right
- Click "API Management" You will need an API key to use with the third-party software. Follow the steps in this FAQ: Create a New App Integration.
- Enable to push notification endpoint.
- Select the Experience and/or Audience for each Push Notification. The Campus will automatically be check-marked for the current Campus you are on.
When you generate an API key, you can use the key on POSTMAN to customize the push notification details.
The push notification message in POSTMAN has the following fields:
Once the message has been drafted, it can be pushed out to users.
Announcements which are to be sent to students within an hour are locked and cannot be modified or deleted.
For more information, please see:
- Ready Application Programming Interface (API) Overview
- Ready API Technical Documentation (opens in a new window)