As a Campus Cloud administrator, you can create an app integration with the user information endpoint. The User Information endpoint gives access to student information such as name, email address, and student ID. This information becomes available to third-party apps that you can launch from within the campus app.
WIth the user information endpoint, you can develop apps and plug-ins that deliver customized information to students, then embed those apps into the campus guide.
You will need an API key to use with the third-party software. Follow the steps in this FAQ:
Make sure to enable to User Information endpoint.
Once you have generated an API key, your school can embed personalized information into the campus guide as follows:
- Create a web app that uses authenticated login and personalizes student information
- Integrate the Ready API key in the web app.
- Create an Authenticated Web App Tile in the campus guide, linked to your app.
When students access that web app tile on their campus app, it will display their particular, personalized information.
With the User Information endpoint, you can connect systems that have plenty of information, but no channel for providing access to that information. Students already have the campus app in hand. By connecting web apps and using the Ready API, you can display user-specific information in the campus guide.
For more information, please see:
- Ready Application Programming Interface (API) Overview
- Ready API Technical Documentation (opens in a new window)