Campus Cloud and the campus app are powerful tools for delivering the right information, to the right student, at the right time. As a Campus Cloud administrator, you can use the Ready Application Programming Interface (API) to extend and leverage the power of the platform.
This overview of the Ready API includes the following sections:
- Getting Started with Ready API
- Generate an API key to create an app integration
- Select API Endpoints
- API Key Management
1. Getting Started with Ready API
To access the API Management feature in Campus Cloud, speak to your Customer Success representative. Your Customer Success representative will grant access on a per-user basis.
Once you have access, here are the steps to take:
- Log in to Campus Cloud
- Click your name in the top-right
- Click "API Management"
2. Generate an API Key to Create an App Integration
An API key is what third-party software uses to gain access to the READY platform. With API Management, you can generate an API key to use in a third-party app. Use "Create a New App Integration," to generate an API key.
For more information, see:
3. Select API Endpoints
The Ready API gives access to five (5) endpoints:
User Information lets a third-party app access information about the logged-in user. You can launch a third-party app from within the campus app (by linking it to a campus guide tile), then customize that app based on a student's name, email address, and so on.
Three more endpoints let you send notifications to groups of users:
- Campus returns a list of campuses used in the campus app (to use with the push notification endpoint).
- Audience returns a list of audiences in the campus app. You can send push notifications to dynamic or static audiences.
- Experience returns a list of experiences in the campus app.
Select the endpoints you want to use with third-party software.
For more information, please see:
4. API Key Management
You may need to edit or revoke an API key, to remove or change a third-party app integration. You can remove access for a third-party app by revoking its API key.
For more information:
- If your school has disparate, disconnected databases, apps, and channels holding student information -- and what school doesn't? -- use the Ready API to bring that information together and centralize it in the campus app.
- Check out the User Information Endpoint for examples and ideas of how to get information out of a database and into the campus app.
- Share our technical documentation with your campus IT team to get a sense of how your school might build tools for students.
- Reach out to email@example.com for help.
If you have comments or feedback about this "how-to" document, please leave them in the comments below. Thanks for reading!