If you moderate the campus community, you may see posts that students have been flagged four times as inappropriate. There is a difference between a flagged post and a post that has been flagged four times and thus hidden. You can only filter for posts that are flagged four times and hidden from the Community.
As a Campus Cloud administrator, you can:
- move, delete and approve campus wall posts flagged by users
- see who has flagged a post.
To view flagged posts in Campus Cloud:
- Log in, click Manage, then click Community
- Click "Filter"
- Click "Status" and choose "Flagged"
Flagged posts appear with a "red flag" and the count of times they have been flagged. A post has to be flagged four times or more to be considered inappropriate.
- To see who has flagged a post, point your mouse at the red flag icon.
When students flag a post, at first there is no visible change in the campus app. A post that has been flagged 4 times will disappear until a Campus Cloud administrator approves it.
- To move, approve or delete a post, click the down arrow () nest to the post.
Behavior of flagged posts in the community:
- If the post is approved, it becomes visible on the campus app for students to see.
- If deleted, the post is removed from the campus app and the community.
- If you move the post to another channel, it appears in the new channel but the flags remain.