As a Campus Cloud administrator, you can integrate an RSS or Atom feed so any item posted to the feed is sent to students' phones by push notification, like a text message.
If your school maintains an online feed that is regularly updated with time-sensitive information, integrating that feed into the campus app is an excellent way to get the information to students.
To integrate an RSS or Atom feed and make campus-wide announcements automatically:
- Log in to Campus Cloud and click "Manage."
- Click on “Notify.”
- Click on (Integrations), next to “Create Announcement.”
- Click "Add Integration."
- Select the type (RSS or Atom) and type the URL of the feed.
- Select the “Host" (a club or group) that will appear as the sender of the message.
- Select “Announcement Type” (regular, urgent, or emergency).
- Click "Save."
Students will receive a push notification on their phones of each item that is posted to the online feed.
Be careful not to bombard students with messages. Students have the ability to turn notifications off.
For more information about regular, urgent and emergency messages, please see:
BEST PRACTICE: Encourage your students to accept notifications when prompted by the phone, and to leave notifications turned on in the app.
If a student does not receive your notifications, you can send them this document:
If a student says they are getting too many app notifications, you can send them this document which guides them to leave urgent and emergency notifications turned on: