As a Campus Cloud administrator, you can use the Campus Cloud test environment to safely test changes to the campus app. You can (1) enter the Campus Cloud test environment; (2) make changes to the test environment; (3) see the results in the campus app test environment.
TIME REQUIRED: Under an hour
1. Enter the Campus Cloud Test Environment
To change between the production and test environments in Campus Cloud:
- Log in to Campus Cloud.
- Click your name (top right of the screen), then click "Change School."
You will see a list of any schools you can access, as well as any test environments.
- To change into a test environment, select it from the list.
You will enter the test environment for that school.
If you do not see a test environment in the "Change School" list, you need to be invited. Ask your Campus Cloud administrator to follow the steps in this FAQ:
2. Make changes to the test environment
Once in the test environment, you can use Campus Cloud exactly as normal.
For example, you can:
Changes you make in the test environment are contained within the test environment and are not publicly visible.
3. See the Results in the Campus App Test Environment
To view your changes in the campus app, you need to change to the test environment:
- Log in to your campus app and tap (bottom right).
- Tap ("Settings," top right)
- Tap "App Environment"
- Select the Test Environment you want to view
You will enter the campus app test environment. The changes you made in (1) will appear as if they were live, but will not be visible to students or other, non-test users of the campus app.
BEST PRACTICE: The test environment is an ideal way to train Campus Cloud admins, club owners and service executives. You can safely experiment and try new things in a way that makes it safe to make mistakes.
For more information: