As a Campus Cloud administrator, you can integrate events to the app from your iCal, Atom and RSS feeds. Students can view the event in the app by clicking on the Events tile or searching for the name of the event.
To integrate events from a feed:
- Click "Manage" then click "Events."
- Click the Feeds icon before "Create Event" dropdown.
- Click "Add Integration."
- Select the type: RSS, iCal or Atom.
- Add the feed URL.
- Click "Check."
Campus Cloud will check the URL to make sure it will work for an event integration.
- If there are no errors, select a host (a club or service) for your event.
- Click "Save."
Your integrated events will now appear in the list of events, with the image you uploaded.
You can view integrated Feeds and the time they were last synced by going to Manage Events and clicking on the feeds icon. If you make any changes to items in your feed, click "Sync" to copy the events from the integrated feed to the app.
Note: An integration can be linked only to one host.
Here is more information about error messages you might get from the "Check URL" feature:
- "The feed is not on a publically available server." This means your integrated URL is hosted on a server that is not on the public internet. For example, the server may be hosted on a private server behind a university firewall.
- "The feed did not contain any upcoming events." This means that your feed contains only past events, with no future events to import to the campus app.
- "The entries in the feed are not in the right format or the feed was empty," or "Some required fields are missing." This means the items in the feed do not match the format needed to work with Campus Cloud. You may need to adjust the format.
For more information, please see Event Integration: Format of iCal, RSS and ATOM feeds.