Campus Cloud and the campus app are powerful communication tools. Students can use the campus app to post messages on the campus wall or a club wall. Or, students can communicate one-on-one using chat.
Unfortunately, this raises the possibility of behaviors up to and including harassment of one student by another party, or offensive posts from a user to a group.
If you experience harassing behavior, you can use the campus app to block the person. Then, they will not be able to send you chat messages, or see your wall posts. Furthermore, they will not see your name in the member lists of clubs. For more information, see Block or Unfriend someone.
If you observe harassing behavior or language, here are the steps you can take:
- Take screenshots showing the names, dates, times, and the content in question.
- Contact school administrators. If you have not already done so, send the above information through the proper channels and procedures at your school.
Campus Cloud administrators:
- You may want to moderate the campus wall and respond accordingly. For more information, please see Moderate the Campus Wall.
- If you need to close a user's account or otherwise permanently sanction a user, have a Campus Cloud administrator submit a request at Ready Education Help Center, providing as much detail and context as possible.
Club Owners: you may be mandated to moderate your club wall. For more information, see Moderate the Club Wall.
- Determining what behaviours and/or content constitute “harassment” shall be left up to app users and school administrators.
- Any repercussions of such behaviour (e.g. suspension from the app) shall be determined by school administrators.
- For questions about your school's specific harassment policy, contact your school administrators.
Regarding privacy and sharing of information:
- Before disclosure of a private communication between users, Ready Education must obtain the consent and release of at least one of the users.