As a Campus Cloud administrator, you can create an organization. Student clubs, athletic teams, and cultural societies are examples of organizations you can create in the campus app.
Each organization can have a channel for students to exchange messages (text and pictures). The organization can also host events. As the creator of an organization, you can share permission to create events and moderate the channel. With the campus app, students can join the organization, view events, and post to the channel.
To create an organization in the campus app, here are the steps:
- Use Campus Cloud to create an organization
- [Optional] Share permissions with other club owners
- See the organization into the campus app
Use Campus Cloud to create an organization
Use Campus Cloud to create an organization in the campus app. Here are the steps:
- Click "Manage," then click "Organizations"
- Click "Create Organization"
- Click “Upload Image” to choose an image from your computer
- 1125 pixels by 600 pixels, JPEG, maximum 5 MB
- Provide a name for the organization, and a description (optional)
- Set the status (active, inactive or pending)
- Turn membership on or off*
- Provide a location and other contact details
- Click Save
(*) Students can join clubs with membership on and can interact with each other in the channel. Clubs with membership off do not have a channel and students cannot join.
Share permissions with other organization owners
When you create an organization, you are the owner of it. If you want another person to be able to manage the organization, grant permissions to that person:
- If the person already has a Campus Cloud account, grant them the "Organization Owner" permission for the new club. For more information, see Change Team Member Permissions
- If the person does not have a Campus Cloud account, invite them. See Invite a colleague to administer an organization
See the organization into the campus app
Once you have created your organization, it appears in the organizations tile in the campus guide. The organization tile contains a list of all organizations in the school.
If you have access to Campus Cloud Studio, you can create a tile to hold your new organization. For more information: