Manage COVID-19 on campus with the use of Case Statuses. You can create a case for each student on campus, assign a status to their case, and take action on their case in response to its status. As part of customizing this workflow, you can create your own case statuses to assign to students.
To know more about case statuses and actions see,
Figure 1. Create your own Case Statuses to customize your COVID-19 workflow.
Create a Case Status
You can create different statuses to match your workflow. Here are the steps:
- Click Campus Settings in the user menu (your name, top right corner)
- Click Health & Wellness
- Click Campus Settings
- Type a name for the case status and choose a color
- Assign a campus pass to the case status
- Choose a case action (see Case Actions, below)
Campus Cloud displays the new case status in the list.
To edit a Case Status, click the pencil icon next to it.
The “X” next to each case status in the list lets you delete a case status. You can delete a case status, but you cannot delete the default case statuses such as confirmed, self-reported, symptomatic, or exposed.
Assign a Case Status to a Student’s Case
There are two ways to use your new case status:
- Assign the new case status to students manually, using Edit Case
- Use the case status as part of a form, so it is applied automatically to students based on their responses.
For more information, please see:
Take the same action on multiple cases quickly and easily with Case Actions. For example, you can create a templated message with instructions for what to do if you are symptomatic of COVID-19, then send those instructions to all students with the case status “Symptomatic.” You can create a different template for each case status, making it easy to manage COVID-19 cases across campus.
There are two possible actions:
- Send Instructions. Can be customized for any case status you create
- Contact Trace. Applies to “Confirmed” status only and cannot be customized
To create customized instructions to send to a case with Case Actions, here are the steps:
- Create a new case status, or edit an existing one
- In Case Actions, choose Send Instructions
- Type a subject and message for the templated instructions
- Click Save
Campus Cloud displays “Send Instructions” in the Action field for cases that have the matching status. Click Send Instructions to send your templated message to that student.
Order of Case Statuses
The order of case statuses is important. It matters which case statuses are at the top of the list, and which are at the bottom. Moving up through the case statuses is called escalating; moving down is called de-escalating.
A case can be escalated automatically. For example, if a student has a clear case status, but fills out a form indicating they are high-risk, their case status can automatically escalate from low to high.
But the opposite is not true. If a student has a high-risk case status and fills out a form indicating they are low-risk, their case status will not de-escalate automatically. The only way to de-escalate a student’s case status is for an administrator to do this manually.
For more information, please see:
Roles and Permissions
Creating a Case Status is controlled by roles and permissions. To create a Case Status, you need to have the Forms permission in Team Settings.
For more information, see: