A key part of moderating the Campus Cloud community is responding to messages posted by others. Two powerful tools let you search across all Campus Cloud channels you have access to:
Search and Filters work together to deliver one set of search results.
Search for a Keyword
Within the campus community, when you search for a word, you also search for all related words like plurals, verb tenses, etc.
To search for a keyword or phrase in the posts:
- Log in to Campus Cloud, then click Community
- Type the keyword or phrase you are looking for
- Click Search
Campus Cloud displays the search results and highlights the keyword. Most relevant results are displayed first.
Filter your search results
Using filters is controlled by roles and permissions. For information, see "Roles and Permissions" below.
You can use up to three filters to narrow your search results. The filters are:
- Users (names of students and posters)
- Status (flagged or deleted)
To apply filters to the Search Results:
- Click the Filter dropdown menu
- Select your filter and provide the criteria
- Campus Cloud displays the filtered search results in real time
Note: you can filter by 5 users maximum at one time.
Roles and permissions
For you to filter channel posts by status or user, roles and permissions need to be configured as follows:
- You need the Community Manager permission, or
- You need to be a moderator or channel owner
For more information: