Using filters is controlled by roles and permissions. For information, see "Roles and Permissions" below.
You may wish to remove a person from a channel. For example, they may have joined in error. Or, you may wish to remove someone for other reasons.
[SCREENSHOT: Member List showing 1 Owner, 2 Moderators and 3 Members. Show the drop down menu for one moderator and highlight “Remove from Channel”] << Caption: “You can remove someone from a community channel using the Member List.”
Moderators and channel owners can use the Member List to remove people from a channel. Here are the steps:
- Navigate to the channel from which you want to remove members
- Click “More" (), then click “View Members”
- In the Member List, click “More" (), then click Remove from Channel
Campus Cloud removes the person from the channel. The channel will no longer show in that person’s list of channels, nor will they receive notifications for it. Before they can post in the channel again, the person will have to re-join the channel, or request to join if it is a private channel.
Roles and Permissions
For you to remove a person from a channel, roles and permissions need to be configured as follows:
- You need the Community Manager permission, or
- You need to be a moderator or channel owner
For more information: